I have many topics to cover about men’s fashion. However there are several topics that do not require an entire article. I have clubbed in some of my favourite tips on Men’s Formal to help you find the inner gentleman.
Men’s Formal Wear 101 – Style Tips You Shouldn’t Miss.
- If you wish to look tall – Wear angular shoes or what people refer to as “pointed-front” shoes. Conversely, if you are tall you can opt for rounded oxfords or brogues for a classier look.
- Bow-ties are conversation starters! If you are on your way to a fancy party, farewell or any formal event, wear a bow-tie. People will not only appreciate it, but personally compliment you if it is perfect.
- Your tie should match your pocket square if it is an all-formal event. If you are feeling bold, mismatch it. But make sure the colors match. Don’t go too bright. E.g. If your suit is brown and shirt is white, try a brown tie and a caramel pocket square.
- If you are the kind of person who will ever own just one suit, buy a two-button suit. It has always and will always remain in fashion. Remember to keep the lower button open though. That’s added only for style.
- As for your suit size, try on a size smaller than yours. This is the silent suit-rule. However, if you are bursting out or it’s uncomfortable, buy your size and get it a bit altered to fit perfect.
- Dress shirt is called so because it is too long. You cannot leave your dress shirt un-tucked. That is Criminal. It makes you look like you have worn a dress. Which is just wrong! Also, remember dress shirts are supposed to be long so that they remain tucked in and do not slip out. Remember to get it altered to fit your perfectly. Also, we have the habit of pulling out a bit of the shirt. That is just wrong practice. Just half an inch should be pulled out and straightened so that it looks like the shirt is perfectly tucked in. Otherwise excess shirt hanging around your waistline makes you look like a muffin. Shirts should be tucked right in!
- Unless it’s a theme party and you are the clown, don’t use funny tie. Just no! Not cool! You can use it only for a themed party or family dinner if you wish to be cheeky!
- Guys please, listen to me now. This is common sense, but somehow people tend to get confused. You don’t need your sunglasses once you are inside! If you have a hangover and the light is too bright or you have some form of eye infection (in both cases just stay in bed. You need rest), you may (read as – just stay at home). Sunglasses are not okay if it’s not sunny!
I am glad to assist our readers with any of the above discussed tips in detail. Leave comments below and don’t forget to share this blog with your friends!
CALL TO ACTION :
Found the article helpful?
Share it with 3 people you know may need this right now!