Bought a new pea coat? Recently got in to this fad? Already in love with it? Want to wear it every day? Everywhere?
The Dilemma: Not to look like the guy who asks every one for the time or points everything with the hand that has his new watch strapped on it. Comes off as flashy, loser like and desperate!
The Solution: Incorporate a pea coat in your daily wardrobe in such a way as to look fresh and different whilst fulfilling your fetish of wearing it every day. There are classier and subtler ways to flaunt your new steal.
Here are the 7 different ways to style your pea coat:
- Team up a pea coat with a Suit. It can be a formal three piece single breasted suit or a suit jacket or sport jacket and dress pants. Layer your suit with your pea coat. Complete the look with dress shoes or Oxfords.
- Team up a crew neck tee solid tee with dark denims and trainers. Layer it with your pea coat. Button up your pea coat. Cool and casual.
- Team up a turtle neck t-shirt or light turtleneck sweater with a pea coat and denims. Button up your pea coat. Sport pair of boots like work boots or dessert boots or snow boots
- This is a classic layered look. Very preppy. Yu will need some dark denims, a pair of boots, your choice, and a cardigan. You can pick a solid cardigan or go bonkers with the patterns and prints available. Aztec prints, Fair Isle, striped, checkered, abstract…again totally up to you.
- Look five is a slight variation of the above look. A step further in layering much like the matryoshka dolls. Get a crisp button down and wear it below your cardigan. You can even add a tie or a winter scarf.
- Next is a look for the fashion forward gentleman. A t-shirt layered with a waistcoat, which is then layered with a pea coat. Avoid a double breasted waistcoat since the pea coat is also double breasted. For a more formal style go for trousers or else stick to jeans. Add some boots. You can also sport a pair of gloves, in a contrast and peppy hue.