The fitting of your dress shirt is much more complicated aspect than just a muffin top. The issue could be originated around your shoulders, chest, abs or even sleeve. Here are the fitting aspects to be considered:
The dress shirt fit!
- The shoulder fit is where all the action begins. It is the most ignored fitting of the dress shirt amongst men. One has to ensure that around your shoulders the shirt is perfectly aligned to ensure it is neither too lose nor too tight. The shoulder line that creates the boundary between the shoulder and the sleeve will fall exactly where your shoulder separates itself from your arm.
- The sleeve is what follows. The fitting of the sleeve is a very interesting concept. There is a simple rule to the sleeve fit which is, if its too tight it will crumple around your elbow joint and if it is too lose it will make your elbows look like a bloated balloon. You need a fit that only allows enough space for arm movement and not more!
- The sleeve end or the sleeve cuffs are yet another ignored aspect of the dress shirt. Your sleeve cuff will be well fitted and clasp your wrist perfectly with just enough space for comfortable wrist movement. Make sure you can see some wrist area when you lift your hand up, this means it is not too tight. Also, it should clasp your wrist perfectly without any gaps which ensures it is not too lose.
- The torso fit is recognized by focusing on the tension or lack thereof around the button region. This is the most common mistake men make. The buttons are shut too tight or this segment is too lose. In case it’s too tight, it just makes you look fat and if it’s too loose it give you the ugly muffin top.
- The length of the shirt is yet another factor that affects the overall fitting. The shirt should be long enough to tuck it in comfortably and ensure that it does not start falling out in the middle of the day. The length should be long enough to cross your zip region and stay comfortably tucked in.
CALL TO ACTION :
Found the article helpful?
Share it with 3 people you know may need this right now!
Hope You Enjoyed our article on The dress shirt fit!