A holiday isn’t quite the same without a long checklist to tick off, as you squeeze everything into a suitcase at the last minute. So here is a round up of what you’re going to need for that summer break with your mates:
- Passport and travel docs – don’t be that guy who forgets these.
- The right currency – it’s worth nipping down the Post Office to get this a couple of weeks before. You could even be savvy and sign up to a currency tracker which shows you what the best rate is at that moment.
- Toiletries – think deodorant shampoo, body wash and toothpaste plus that important toothbrush.
- Sunscream – don’t try to brave the rays without some protection.
- Aftersun with aloe – if you do burn you’re going to want to smother yourself in this before bed.
- First aid kit – pop in the essentials such as paracetamol, plus hangover relieving medicine and bite cream. Insect spray is also a good idea.
- Swimwear – spend those days lounging by the pool in some good looking swim shorts (or Speedos if you’re that way inclined).
- Pool towel – most hotels charge for towels so pack your own.
- Sunglasses – take two, one for by the pool and the other for early evening when the sun is still hanging around.
- Baseball cap – look good and keep the sun off your face.
- Flip flops – easy to wear in the daytime.
- Slip on trainers – looks good for the evenings.
- Two or three t-shirts – cover up when you nip into the bar for lunch.
- Evening clothes – a couple of pairs of smart shorts and short sleeved shirts are a good choice.
- Portable charger – a power bank is a good idea for days spent by the pool when you’re using your phone for music and gaming to keep yourself entertained.
To ensure you’re ticking all the boxes when it comes to style on that summer break, here’s a round up of three of the essential trends you may want to embrace:
Yup, featuring this print is still an easy way to win style points. Look for a basic tee featuring a light coloured camo print or opt for men’s shorts in a similar design with plenty of pockets – ideal for those plane journeys to keep your valuables close by.
You’ve probably noticed embroidered roses featuring on a lot of women’s fashion at the moment and this trend is seeping into the men’s section too. Look for denim jackets to wear in the evening featuring elbow patches or canvas trainers featuring an embroidered motif.
Work some springtime yellow or dusky blue into your summer wardrobe and you’ll be nailing this ice cream inspired trend.
Whether you’re partying in Ibiza or chilling out on the Algarve coast, pack these essentials and don’t miss a trick on your summer break this year.