Loyal readers already know of my love for denims. For the people who are new here, Hi! I am a big fan of Denims. I literally consider the invention of denim as a fabric to be as big as Newton’s discovery of gravity. I have few things in my closet that offer such comfort, versatility and style. Whether they are a pair of jeans or a denim shirt or even a bag for that matter, it stands out, looking fabulous. Denims are genetically gifted with this innate quality to look cool. They personify a relaxed, laid back and impish aura about them. So bottom line, I love jeans and in my opinion they are a must have in every person’s wardrobe irrespective of gender, country or continent.
Due to my special love affair with denims, I am now what you can call an agony aunt on this matter. I am not bragging guys. Just hear me out. I have listed a few denim do’s and don’ts for the budding denim enthusiasts as well as for those who use denims casually or as a staple.
- Do Not go for denims with excessive prints and patterns.
- Do try denims in various shades. Experiment a little. Try something other than the classic black or blue denim. And also do not start a collection of all same shade denims in your wardrobe. Try different colors and different washes and looks. Do not let the versatility of denims be wasted.
- Do Not get involved with loud colors. Trying different hues does not entail forgetting the basic rules of color coordination.
- Do opt for a well fitted pair of denims. This is not something you can afford to compromise on. And just so this is clear once and for all, I am putting it out there to avoid any faux pas in the future. Well fitted does not equal to super skinny. L.H.S. not equal to R.H.S.
- Do Not, under any circumstances, wear slouchy jeans that are so low that gravity is rendered useless. You may have a million dollar butt but you need to stop flashing it like it is a badge.
- Do experiment with the seams, stitching, pockets and embroidery of your pair of denims. This is a great way for you to customize your style and make it your own.
- Do Not pick over the top belt buckles for your belt. They will make you look gaudy and will damage your entire look.
- Do team up your denims with a classy leather belt. Make sure your belt matches your shoe and the strap of your watch in color and/or texture.
- Do Not fall in the lure of bling. Remember all that glitters hurts the eye.
- Do try rolling up your denims. Rolled up cuffs look really cool and casual. But not like a joint. And never with something semi formal or ethnic.
So friends follow these simple tips and your denims will take care of the rest.
Do try out these looks and reinvent casual!
Top 9 DENIM JEANS - Editor's Choice
Spread the love!
Found the article helpful? Share it with your friends,
and help them discover TheUnstitchd.com