Sometimes something as simple as wearing the wrong fragrance or wearing too much colognes can make you a social pariah and at the receiving end of weird looks and glances.
Perfumes are said to be the strongest memory. In his book, Perfume; The Story of a Murderer, Patrick Suskind quotes, “Odors have a power of persuasion stronger than that of words, appearances, emotions, or will. The persuasive power of an odor cannot be fended off, it enters into us like breath into our lungs, it fills us up, imbues us totally. There is no remedy for it.”
I for one believe that how you smell is really important, not only does it build your confidence, it also makes you more attractive and appealing. But there is a difference between smelling like something and smelling good.
So what are the mistakes people make with colognes?
- Many people do not understand how strong an effect a fragrance can have, it can trigger a feeling, a memory or an experience.
2. Rather than following someone blindly, take time out and figure out which scent s for you. Get some samples and discover your true scent.
3. A lot of men make mistakes while applying it. They apply it on the clothes rather than directly on their body, also there are certain zones you need to target like the wrists, behind the ears, the neck and so on.
4. Your cologne should not be in excess, do not drown in it. Instead of people saying, “You wear a lot of cologne” they should say’ ‘You smell good”.
5. Colognes are expensive, make sure you store them right and follow the directions on the bottle precisely.
CALL TO ACTION :
Found the article helpful?
Share it with 3 people you know may need this right now!