From looking smart at the office to enhancing your body features, investing in high-quality clothes is ever so important in today’s society. But what if you are shopping on a budget or are in the process of saving up for a major purchase?
Luckily, your style and how great you look won’t need to be defined by how much money you are willing to spend on your next outfit!
The tips below can save you from having to choose between quality and price – start here!
Invest in High-Quality, Timeless Items
When choosing cornerstone items for your wardrobe, make sure you look beyond fast fashion trends. Instead, opt for items that are made of high-quality materials and are designed to last a lifetime.
Some best practices to follow for a more budget-friendly closet include:
- Prefer solid and neutral colors
- Choose timeless prints
- Use less expensive accessories to change up and elevate your outfit
- Select high-quality materials and fabrics, such as silk, satin, wool, and tweed
- Invest in a few pairs of durable shoes
- Consider investing in one or two custom-made dresses
Since these tips involve a larger investment at first, they might seem counterproductive. However, high-quality items are designed to last longer and enhance your figure, thus helping you save money in the long run. And, nothing enhances an outfit like premium clothing items!
Establish Money-Saving Shopping Habits
Before taking off on a shopping spree, make sure to review and adopt the habits that all successful budget shoppers have:
- Consider shopping at outlets
- Check out local thrift stores
- Buy basics (i.e.: socks) in bulk
- Research and compare prices
- Use a budgeting app
- Don’t go over budget
- Check for coupons and discounts
- Wait for the best time to shop and occasions such as Black Friday
- Don’t succumb to impulse buys – and don’t shop out of desperation!
Ideally, before setting off for your shopping trip, you should have a clear idea of what you wish your capsule wardrobe to look like and make sure that you can easily mix and match all items.
Use a Credit Card With Cashback Rewards
Using a credit card for your shopping can have endless benefits. Firstly, credit card issuers provide unparalleled consumer protection policies, which are far more secure than just paying with cash.
What’s more, if you qualify for a credit card that offers perks and rewards, you can take advantage of discounts and cashback when shopping at eligible providers. In some cases, you might even benefit from a 3% cashback on online shopping purchases!
When using your credit card for buying clothes, make sure that you only spend what you can afford and keep up with repayments!
Complete Your Style With A (More Affordable!) Haircut
Elegance is in the details! Even if you are sporting premium clothes, a scruffy haircut can give you away and cast a shadow over your entire outfit.
But haircuts are expensive, right?
Luckily, according to the ACCC, you have more than one option to choose from to save on your next haircut. These include:
- Choose a less expensive salon, usually away from your city’s downtown area
- Ask for the services of a junior stylist instead of a senior professional
- Check if you can get your haircut at a local cosmetology school
- Choose a haircut that is easier to maintain and requires less frequent touch-ups
- Learn basic hairstyling skills to look after your hair between professional haircuts
- Check for coupons and discounts on Groupon
Keep Your Clothes in the Best Shape
Once you have put together a capsule wardrobe you are proud to show off, you’ll have to look into how to care for and maintain your clothes.
Learning how to properly wash, dry, and store the different garments and materials can help you keep your clothes in the best shape for longer. And, don’t forget to iron an outfit before wearing it!
Invest in Fitness and Wellbeing
Nothing makes you look better than being confident in yourself! Investing in a gym membership and taking some time out for self-care can help you boost your self-esteem and health, thus completing your style with that Je ne sais quoi that was missing!