Dhoti pants are a bottom wear garment traditionally worn by men. But as the fashion world and styles are evolving, they have entered women’s wardrobe. They became famous amongst women after celebrities like Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor, and Alia Bhatt wore them. These pants are very comfortable bottom wear as they are loosely draped on to your lower body. They are a great alternative for denims are dhoti pants are must light enough to let your skin breathe.
Dhoti pants are not the same as dhoti. Dhoti is an unstitched garment for men to wear as their bottom wear; while dhoti pants are pre stitched/ ready-to-wear pants worn by women. Some get confused between harem pants and dhoti pants and say they both the same. Even though they look similar, there is a difference between them. They are loose on the thighs while they have a tight fit on the lower part of your leg. But harem pants are loose and airy throughout the bottom half of your body except on your ankles.
There are many variations of these pants in terms of materials, designs, patterns, length of the pants, etc. Generally soft fabrics are used for dhoti pants, fabric like soft cotton, crepes, georgette, muslin are some of the commonly used dhoti pant materials. They are a perfect summer wear; they can also be worn as travel wear, casual wear or even as a semi-formal wear.
Different Outfits Ideas To Style Your Dhoti Pants With:
1. Dhoti Pants With Jacket
Fancy and embroidered jacket are a style statement even by themselves. Any outfit can be elevated by styling it with a beautiful jacket. To become the center of attraction, style these pants with jacket and pair them up with long beautiful earrings. They make a perfect wedding outfit.
3. Dhoti Pants With Cape Tops
Capes are taking over the fashion world. They can be basically paired with any bottom wear and it will enhance your look. Dhotis with capes are also a great outfit. Pair a simple dhoti pant with a gorgeous cape top and you’re good to go!
6. Dhoti Pants With Anarkali
Anarkali dress is present is very women’s wardrobe. To stand out with old anarkali, style it with dhoti pant and give it a new look. Dhoti pants with anarkali will give you an unforgettable look. Add a nice dupatta and finish your look in style!
Tips To Style Your Dhoti Pants:
- A very important tip is choosing the outfit according to your body type.
- They are for everyone but it looks best on women with hourglass shape body.
- Women with banana shape body must style theirs with blouses which have volume.
- Dhoti pants with bright colour tops or tunics like black, red and purple are advisable for women with apple shape body.
- These pants should always be worn with heels.
- Accessorizing according to your outfit is a must. Dhoti pants should never be without accessories.
- One should wear bold and big accessorizes with dhoti pants.