An accessory that adds charm to the demeanour of women is nothing but a necklace. If you have to match your neckline with the right accessory, Necklace is always the right choice, as it will add sensual elegance. From ages back when the art of jewellery came into existence till date necklace has always been a trend. That’s the reason I choose this amazing accessory as my new blog. Read it to know more about the importance, types and its styling to shine out when you wear it for any occasion.
As we all love and are passionate about our beauty wearing Necklace is a beautiful adornment to maintain it. We can trace the origin of Necklace to the Stone Age era where it was made up of colourful seeds, bird feathers or vines. Now it is made up of different metals like gold, silver, platinum or copper along with pearls, jewels and gemstones. Necklace is not just a fashion accessory but also a mark of social status, royalty, religious medallion and charm. It plays a role of the most important accessory while accessorizing the bride for all her wedding ceremony starting from the Pre-Wedding Photo Shoot to reception ceremony. There will be no end to one’s imagination when I talk about necklace as it one of the accessory that occupies the centre place.
Importance of necklace in India
In India all the accessories hold lots of importance and are also associated with many beliefs. While today we are talking about necklace I will tell you something related to it. We wear Necklaces near the heart thus it is believed to control our emotions and also strengthen love. Wearing a stones necklace is believed to bind ourselves with eternal powers. Since ancient times, to bring good luck and keep evil eye away women wore pendants, strings embellished with beads, necklaces and other ornament collars. It is also believed that necklace helps in protecting ourselves from hypnotizing attempts. Thus this amazing neck accessory not only adds exquisite look and glamour to women’s beauty but also acts as a restraint against many evil charms.
Types of Necklaces
For women, getting ready is not an easy task. We women, have different types of ethnic outfits for which we also need different footwear and accessories to pair with that complements the Indian look. So, to make your life little easier, I have composed a list of Indian Necklaces which acts as a saviour on traditional occasions such as Wedding, Reception, Mehendi or Sangeet.
1. Kundan Necklace
2. Rani Haar
3. Satlada Necklace
4. Addigai Necklace
5. Mango Haram Necklace
6. Gold necklace
7. Diamond Necklace
8. Pearl Necklace
9. Choker Necklace
10. Flower Necklace
11. Tassel Necklace
Styling Necklace with Right Outfits
1. Lehenga is one of the most elegant Indian ethnic and you can make it look even better by styling Kundan or Diamond Necklace. If your Lehenga is a bit traditional try to go for Gold or Satlada necklace.
2. Anarkali is a traditional dress and one of the popular outfit amongst women across the India you can style it with simple pearl necklace or addigai necklace.
3. Saree is the best Indian outfit that makes you look pretty and beautiful without any extra efforts. It can be styled with rani haar for important occasions and also with mango Haram Necklace for celebrations.
4. Bridal wear is the dream outfit of every women and it takes lot of time and efforts to select the right accessory for it. Thus you should always try to consider the outfit’s design, style, embroidery and colour before buying the necklace. Gold and Diamond necklace goes well with all bridal wear.
5. Gown is a type of an indo western outfit, thus try to go for a fancy necklace and not a typical traditional one unless the gown has traditional design. You should go for Tassel Necklace as it is the trendiest neck wear nowadays.
6. Salwar Suits is a simple outfit which keeps women comfortable in hectic parties, wedding ceremony or other celebration. Try to accessories it with simple addigai, gold or diamond necklace. This will help you maintain simple and elegant look.
7. Skirt and Crop Top is also an indo western outfit, same like I mentioned above you have to go for something that is very classy and elegant like Choker Necklace to enhance the look.
8. Sharara as you all know is a traditional Indian outfit therefore styling it with traditional accessory is a must or else it may break your look.
9. Ghagra yet another type of lehenga or skirt is very trendy and you should be very careful while styling it as overdoing can spoil your look. Try to go for diamond necklace or choker necklace.
10. Jacket is already the centre of attraction of the outfit so you should avoid going for heavy or big necklaces to maintain the look.