I know it seems rather naïve to be talking about rules to button your DB blazer or jacket. I mean it’s not rocket science. But getting it right has way too many advantages to be ignored.
Rules For Buttoning Your Suit
- It shows that you are the kind of man who takes pride in his look and likes to get even the minor details right
- It makes the suit look more suave on your frame
- It never lets you get in that awkward and embarrassing situation where your buttons snapped in public
- All the designers follow this rule like the word of God and design their suits, jackets and blazers keeping it in mind.
1. For the Single Breasted Suit
- With one button: Always button it when standing, unbutton while taking a sit and button it back up when you stand
- With two buttons: Always button the top button when standing, unbutton while taking a sit and button it up when you stand. Never button up the lower button
- With three buttons: Buttoning up the top button is optional, the middle button is absolutely necessary and the lower button should never be buttoned. Unbutton when taking a seat to avoid wrinkles.
2. For the Double Breasted Suit:
DB’s are generally named using the number on number structure keeping in mind the specifications of the DB blazer or jacket. This helps simplify things. A 4 on 2 means that there are four buttons in all out of which two are functional.
- The rule is to always button the functional buttons up when standing.
CALL TO ACTION :
Found the article helpful?
Share it with 3 people you know may need this right now!
Hope You Enjoyed our article on Rules For Buttoning Your Suit