The trench coat is both functional and versatile. Because it is durable, light weight and water and wind resistant, it serves as a great outer layer for any and all seasons.
There are many ways to style your coat. Here are my favorites:
- Unbuttoned with a suit. It can be a single breasted suit with a tie or a three piece ensemble or a combination of a button down shirt and a waistcoat. It looks formal, suave and sexy.
- Try the same look but ditch the suit and go instead for a sweater or a cardigan.
- Go casual with a basic tee in either a crew neck or v neck and team it up with a pair of denims and trainers. Leave the trench coat open for a relaxed look.
- Go sporty with joggers, sports shoes or sneakers and vest below a trench coat. Add a beanie and get the athletic look.
- Experiment with the monochrome look.
- Make a statement this season with the trench coat by ditching the classic tan and khaki hues and embracing bolder shades like burgundy, navy, red and grey. Add a pop of color, stand out and make a statement.