If you want to buy a new watch or already have one but confused how to style it in the right way you have absolutely landed on the right blog. Here is a complete watch guide from the types of watches, types of watch belts, pros and cons of different watches to do’s and don’ts. We have tried to cover all the aspects of watches you would like to know about. Read the entire blog on watch guide and excel in watch styling.
Watch Guide: 4 Different Types Of Watches With Its Pros & Cons:
1. Mechanical Watch:
It is technically a type of watch that works with the help of a spring. Mechanical watch is a real timepiece of great history, craftsmanship and refinement.
Pros Of Mechanical Watch:
• Its tactile
• Adds character to your personality
• Needs no battery to work
• Its hand movements are smooth
Cons Of Mechanical Watch:
• It’s quite expensive than other watches
• Time shown is not very accurate
• Need regular winding for smooth functioning
• It’s sensitive and can’t be worn in moist or dusty environment.
2. Automatic Watch:
They are also called self- winding watches. Basically it’s similar to mechanical watches but uses detailed gears to move the hands of the watch.
Pros Of Automatic Watch:
• No need of batteries
• Adds class to your look
• Effortless movement
• No need of winding the watch
Cons Of Automatic Watch:
• Foil inside the watch can gum up easily
• Its accuracy is comparatively low
• Because of its engineering its highly expensive
• Watch winder is need to store it
3. Quartz Watch:
Quartz is the most commonly used watches by men because it’s affordable and accurate. It works with the help of electricity generated by the use of small battery.
Pros Of Quartz Watch:
• Low maintenance besides the battery
• It’s long lasting and durable
• Gives accurate time
• Available in affordable price range
Cons Of quartz Watch:
• Lack the charm and thus doesn’t enhance the personality
• Hand movement is not smooth compared to other watch types.
• Battery needs to be changed regularly
• Sensitive and can stop working
4. Smart Watch:
A smart watch basically a wearable computer screen on the wrist which include function like calculations, Bluetooth, Mobile applications, games and many more. It is one on the latest and trendy watch type.
Pros Of Smart Watch:
• Quick access to applications
• One can make voice calls too
• Gives the wear a cool look
• Shows accurate time
Cons Of Smart Watch:
• Costly than cell phones
• Hardware maintenance is needed
• Low battery life
• Not seen as a fashion accessory but a tech gadget
Watch Guide: 3 Different Styles Of Watch & How to Pair It With Right Outfit:
1. Dress Watch:
Dress Watch is a formal watch with classic designs. You can style it with formal suits, blazer or dress shirt or formal occasions like cocktail party, wedding, reception and business meeting.
2. Field Watches:
It comes with black base and white numbers mostly which can be styled with casuals as well as formals. You can style it to office or any other semi-formal occasion.
3. Aviator Watch:
It’s a casual one with chronographs, luminous numerals and start button. You can style it with denim or chino with casual shirt or t shirt for dinner or movie date.
Watch Guide: 5 Different Types Of Watch Belts Men Should Know:
1. Leather Belt
2. Canvas Belt
3. Suede Belt
4. Rubber Belt
5. Metal Belt