If you’re planning to move houses for the first time, you might have some trouble thinking about the potential stress this could bring to you and your family. After all, moving isn’t exactly the easiest thing to do – especially if you’re doing this alongside your partner or the rest of your family. Unlike house moves when we were kids that we only had to worry about moving our own stuff or even moving houses, moving houses as adults will have us think about other things such as moving requirements and documents, fixing your needs for work, or even handling things your kids might need for new schooling and the household.
With all these things to consider, a house move might just end up being all the hassle and without all of the benefits, right? Well, not necessarily! In fact, with the right perspective and the right tools, a house move can become an extremely stress-free activity on your end. Here are things you need to consider to make sure a house move works in your favor:
- Submit your moving requirements as soon as possible. Nowadays, moving isn’t easily accomplished – you can’t just move to your new home and call it a day. Sometimes, moving to certain locations requires certain requirements. For instance, if you’re moving to a new condo or a new place to rent, your landlords or building owners may require certain permits for your movers and packers. Likewise, if you have your own home, you may need to procure certifications of ownership or even moving certificates and moving permits for your movers and packers.
- Arrange and organize your inventory properly and securely. One of the best steps when it comes to organizing a house move is to ensure that you arrange and organize your inventory properly. Some might wonder what even is the point of an inventory for a move, but an inventory – especially a spreadsheet – is a great way to ensure that you know which items you might need to keep, sell, or even throw away once you finish with the move. Thanks to your inventory, you’ll have a handy way of knowing which items you have and what you want to do with them – avoiding the stress of deciding whether you want to pack certain items or not.
- Pack your items across months and weeks instead of just days. Instead of rushing your packing process over the weekend before your moving day, you might want to pack your items across weeks and months instead. With this process, you can start packing your things according to their importance – you’ll pack non-essentials first while you pack your essentials such as your work uniform, your everyday clothes, and even your important gadgets last. That way, you’ll have easy access to your important items once you need them, and you won’t need to scour your bags for these items as soon as you start to need them for any emergency.
- Organize your moving timeline according to your routine. Instead of prioritizing your moving timeline over your daily routine, you might want to start organizing your moving timeline based on what you’re doing everyday. For instance, you might want to ensure your moving timeline stays within the confines of your work breaks, days off, time off, and paid leave. That way, you’ll be able to prioritize your move without having to incur unnecessary work absences and risk your career. In that regard, it might help to use the same calendar for your main obligations (e.g., for work, for school, or for daily activities) as your calendar for your moving timeline to ensure that there won’t be any overlaps in between your schedules.
- Hire professionals to handle the heavy-lifting for your move. If you’re having trouble securing the logistical end of your move, you might want to hire professionals such as a moving company NYC. With their expertise and skill set, you’ll be able to accomplish various aspects of your move while letting them handle the heavy-lifting. For instance, why tire yourself packing and unpacking your things when moving teams can pack your things for you in the best way that ensures none of your things get broken throughout the process? With their assistance, you can finish other logistical concerns such as submitting requirements for your moving needs.
House Moves For Beginners: It’s All Possible With The Right Plan
With the above tips in mind, it’s important to remember that the right plan and the right approach can make your first house move extremely easy for you. It’s important to ensure that you have all the tools you need for your house move – from your schedule, to your inventory, and even your requirements – to give yourself a guarantee that there won’t be anything stressful about your move that can come up across the moving timeline. Remember, a hassle-free move has everything to do with preparation and coming up with the right plan to accommodate all of your needs.