Seems to be quite the million dollar question, isn’t it? But first things first, to those who have lost weight, good for you! I see the diet and exercise has worked for you. So congratulations!! To my friends who have put on a few pounds, sorry folks, but it happens to the best of us. I am sure you will be back in shape and fit again in no time. Now to tackle the problem at hand, what to do now that your clothes do not fit you anymore and your whole wardrobe has become obsolete?
Well fret not folks, follow my advice and together we will be out of this mess and into another in no time.
1. Accept the truth. Please don’t live in denial. So your clothes don’t fit you anymore. No biggie. It is not the end of the world, you know?
2. Do a proper inspection of your closet. Go through the entire wardrobe. Do not leave a single piece out. Try on everything again and check if there is something that can be salvaged.
3. Divide the clothes into different piles. Donate or sell what you cannot save, there are many organizations that need your help and many websites that sell used stuff, and whatever you can’t sell or donate, throw it. I know it is dead boring, so make a weekend of it, put on some nice jam and just get it done.
4. Prepare a list of all the essentials that you will need right away and shop for those first, especially if you are on a budget.
5. Shop at budget or discount stores, or shop online where you are always sure of availing some discount.
6. When your weight is fluctuating, it is not a good idea to buy anything too expensive or anything you do not need right away. Just the staples like, shirts, trousers and jeans in shades and patterns you can mix and match well.
7. Take the pieces that can be salvaged to a good tailor, someone with experience in this kind of work. If you find a good tailor, hang on to him, you don’t know how lucky you are. They are more elusive than true love. Sometimes only a little nip and tuck can make your outfit whole again and fit for you. This is very cost effective and will save you a shopping trip.
7 simple steps to help you with this transition.do try them and keep it stylish!
Spread the love!
Found the article helpful? Share it with your friends,
and help them discover TheUnstitchd.com