The second-hand cars industry is on a constant growth streak with high demand for used cars in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata and other Indian cities. For an average person, investing in a used car is the most rational decision on all fronts. Not only do certified dealers give you excellent and beneficial deals on any vehicle of your choice, but you can also get your favourites at highly affordable prices too.
Nonetheless, investing in used cars in Mumbai is still a significant investment that needs to be made after taking some time to consider various things. So, naturally, it tends to spark the question of what to check before buying a used car. So, here are eight things to keep in mind:
- Seating Area: The seating area of any car has to be cosy and comfortable, so get in there and check if it’s up to your liking. Look out for any stains, cracked leather or punctured areas on the seats. Any detail that you dislike should cut your deal off; there are always more cars to take a look at.
- Hood: Don’t forget to lift the hood of the car and take a look inside. Ensure there are no leakages, corrosion, cracked belts or hoses, etc., that can later cause you to pay a higher price in repair costs.
- Underbody Rust: Take a good look at the car exteriors to make sure there is no severe damage. Minor dents and scratches can be easily dealt with, but huge rusted areas or paint damage will only increase future maintenance costs.
- Documents: When buying a used car, make sure original documents like the insurance papers, registration certificate, etc., are available. Get these transferred to your name as soon as possible for a smooth process.
- Service History: Checking the vehicle’s service history will give you a better insight into how the previous owner utilised the car. It’ll also tell you if it’s been involved in any accidents. If yes, it’s best to steer clear of the vehicle.
- Functions: Modern cars have a whole lot of different parts inbuilt into the system itself, so if you’re going to consider buying a car, get inside and press a few buttons. Make sure the system works fine before investing in it.
- Test Drive: Make sure you take the car on a test drive and see how it functions on the road. Take a good feel of the control on turns, performance, brakes, if the engine makes any noise, etc.
- Mileage: Remember, the lesser kms a used car has covered, the better. So ask your dealers questions about the mileage, and any vehicle that has crossed the 100,000-km mark is better left off your list. Used cars with high mileage have a higher chance of containing mechanical damage.
Keeping the above points in mind would help you in finalising the perfect vehicle for yourself. To ensure that there is complete transparency between the dealer and yourself, try going for authorised ones like Spinny. They have a plethora of options to choose from that would fit every budget. Check out the used cars in Mumbai, Bangalore, etc., available on Spinny and find your favourites! Also, If you’re ready to embark on your car-buying journey, you’ll need a Jaguar dealer that delivers an unforgettable experience.
- Buying a used car? It’s best to know the cost of getting a car towed before making a decision
- Things to know before visiting an automobile repair shop