Payal falls under the category of Indian Accessory and they do their bidding very well. Nothing is as sweeter than that sound made by them on a women’s ankle. The elegance which is exuded by it is beyond any compare. Wearing Payal is an honoured tradition. Many countries have a strong history with anklets like the African countries like Egypt, Middle East and West.
Here I would talk on the importance and styling of Payal in India. Nowadays it has become one of the global fashion accessories. Earlier it was generally made up of silver but nowadays it is available in various metals, designs, colours, shapes and style. They are designed in such a manner that it has a feminine appeal to it. It is one of the best accessories that is very comfortable and does not mess with your outfit. Today I will be talking about variety of types that is available in unique, exciting, interesting, eye-catchy and magnificent style that you will crave to own one. You can pair it up with your Saree, Lehenga, Salwar Suits as well as with your Gown and Anarkali it will look stunning in all the looks.
Significance of Payal in Indian Culture
1. It is one of the elements of solah shringaar that is very auspicious for Indian Women.
2. It is believed that goddess Lakshmi is attracted to Payal with means it is a sign of wealth and prosperity.
3. It also shows your social status in the community.
4. It is said that Chaitanya revolve around it in active form. (Chaitanya is a Sanskrit word which means ‘consciousness’ or ‘sensation’ or ‘intelligence’ or ‘spirit’.)
5. Silver used in Payal is a good conductor and thus absorbs energy.
6. Payal is also seen as a sign to inform woman’s presence in the room or house.
7. Earlier it was used by women to strike up a conversation with husband.
8. It is also seen as a symbol to announce women’s marital status.
9. Silver Jewellery is believed to be very auspicious in India.
10. It keeps women away from negative energy and environment.
Types of Payal
1. Silver Payal:
Silver Payal is the most popular type and a great combination of ethnic spiritual and cultural significance. In no time it has become a global accessory with its minimal look which can be styled with any outfit for any occasion. Young girls too prefer this to pair up with Anarkali , Salwar Suits and Dhoti Pants. Silver Payals will give you elegant and sophisticated look ease.
2. Gold Payal:
As it is against Hindu Culture to wear gold below the waist because gold symbolises goddess Lakshmi and doing so can be disrespectful. Thus nowadays it is available in imitations. Recently it is trending to wear gold Payal during wedding ceremony as it gives you a royal look. It goes well with ethic wear like saree, lehenga for any occasion like Sangeet, Mehendi, Diwali or many more.
3. Diamond Payal:
Diamond Payal is the most stylish and fashionable one recently that is loved by women across India. It goes well with all Indian ethnic and also western outfits. It comes with gold or silver base and amazing diamond on the top. All you have to keep in mind is avoid overdoing it.
4. Pearl Payal:
Pearl Payal is the most elegant one and looks very pretty. It is very delicate and very attractive. You can style it with all type of ethnic outfit for any occasion. It was not initial a tradional one but nowadays it is modernised. It is available in simple and royal designs you can choose for the right one according to your choice and outfit.
5. Kundan Payal:
Kundan Payal is a traditional one from the states of Gujarat and Rajasthan. It is now one of the accessories that is loved by women all over India and looks amazing on all ethnic outfits. Brides love to opt for this type and it gives you elegant look.
6. Toe Ring Payal:
Toe Ring Payal is a stylish type wherein the anklet and the toe ring is attached to each other with a chain exactly like a Haath Phool. It goes well with bridal outfit, ethnic casuals and also with western wear. It looks extremely elegant and gives you attractive look easily. Toe ring Payal can be of any design and style including silver, gold or diamond opt for the right one according to your preference.