Keeping yourself protected from the harmful sun rays is important for your skin. You should carry all your scarfs and shades in the hot summer rays. However, using sunscreen with a good SPH is important too. We see so many brands for sunscreen that claim to be perfect, which makes us confused to decide which one shall be the best. This blog will talk about some best sunscreen brand you can have to keep your skin safe and beautiful.
Why Sunscreen Matters
Before we give you a list of brands of sunscreens, let’s understand why you need sunscreen in the first place. Sun these days emits harmful UV radiation that increases the risk of skin cancer. Sunscreens create a protective barrier from shields from those harmful rays. It’s always good to protect your skin against the sun’s potential harm.
Neutrogena has its commitment with diverse SPH levels that keeps your skin protected from any situation you are out in. It will keep you protected from any casual day out, office travels or even on some tropical vacations. Neutrogena has these amazing properties to shield your skin and allow it to breathe. It is a top choice for women with acne-prone and sensitive skin. With neurogena you get a chance to confidently embrace out in the great outdoors, while maintaining a healthy and radiant skin year-round.
EltaMD uses zinc oxide in many of their sunscreen products as a testament to their dedication to the optimal sun protection. These natural mineral oil defendants have properties to protect you from harmful UV rays that minimizes the risk of skin irritations. When you choose EltaMD, it protects your skin from the sun and ensures that you give your skin the care that it deserves.
3. La Roche-Posay
La Roche-Posay’s lightweight and non-greasy sunscreens serve as a breath of fresh air in your skin for individuals who find traditional sunscreens uncomfortable. When you wear this, you get all the confidence to stay outdoors without worrying about the heaviness and the sticky feeling that comes along. La Roche-Posay’s dedication with the lightweight sun care means that you can relish the warmth of sun without having to compromise on comfort.
4. Banana Boat
Banana Boat is a sunscreen brand that is lighter on your pockets and an effective defense against sun. The brand has a wide range of sunscreens with many SPF levels. Their affordability and diverse options give protection with the sun that can be accessible by anyone. Kids can also use this product to enjoy their outdoor activities with confidence.
Supergoop goes a little deeper into sun protection levels. It makes the outdoor activities enjoyable with their innovative products like setting sprays and mists. Supergoop fits seamlessly into your daily routine to make the reapplication process effortless and fun. With supergoop, sun protection becomes easier and fits into your skincare regimen to ensure that your skin is guarded with a touch of convenience.
6. Hawaiian Tropic
Hawaiian Tropic has its delightful scents that enhance your sun protection experience. It’s like a tropical getaway in a bottle that ensures that you can savor the pleasures of sun-kissed skin that doesn’t compromise on safety. Hawaiian Tropic gives you a chance to indulge into sensory delights of paradise for all the sun safety.
Aveeno is the best thing you can have for your skin because of its oatmeal consistency in sunscreens. Its enhancive properties block all the harmful UV rays and soothe your skin with nourishment. If you are looking for an enhancive product for your skin that nourishes your skin, Aveeno is the best product to have.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Sunscreen
1. SPF (Sun Protection Factor): SPF is a pivotal factor while choosing sunscreen. It gauges the product’s effectiveness against UVB rays that is primarily responsible for sunburn. Higher SPF gives more sun protection that is necessary for substantial protection, but it is also necessary to know that no sunscreen brand can completely block all sun rays. You need to be consistent and have a thorough application process to maintain a strong protection against sunburns that brings risks.
2. Broad-Spectrum Protection: Get sunscreens that have “broad-spectrum protection” and that shield from both UVA and UVB rays. UVB rays cause sunburns and UVA rays cause premature ageing and skin cancer. After you select a broad-spectrum sunscreen, you ensure comprehensive coverage against a broad spectrum of harmful UV radiation that reduces the risk of sun-induced damage.
3. Skin Type: When choosing your ideal sunscreen brand, check that it suits your skin type. People have varying skin types with different sensitivities and preferences like dry or oily skin. Sensitive skin may benefit from sunscreens and it has been curated for reduced irritation. People who engage in outdoor or water activities should get water-resistant options to ensure that they have continuous protection in challenging conditions. Getting your sunscreen needs careful selection according to your skin type ensures overall sun-protection.
4. Active Ingredients: Sunscreens have a diverse range of active ingredients and each one has its distinctive properties and benefits. Zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, octisalate and avobenzone are the common ingredients present on a sunscreen bottle. These ingredients have different mechanisms of sun protection, and understanding them can help you select a product that aligns with your choice and cater’s the specific needs of your skin.
5. Textures and Formulation: Sunscreens are available in many forms like lotions, sprays, creams and gels. The texture and formulation of the product significantly affect your comfort and ease of application. Getting the sunscreen texture you like ensures consistent and proper application. There can be different choices like some people prefer the hydrating qualities of a cream or the conveniences of spray to find the texture that makes your sun protection more effective and enjoyable.
Getting the right sunscreen brand for your skin requires consideration of factors like your skin type, protection and your personal choice. The brands that are mentioned above have effective sun protection but each brand may have varying results. Always read the label before purchasing and check your specific needs. If you have some skin concerns, then consult with a dermatologist for sunscreen. Whatever sunscreen you choose, wear it consistently, then only you will safeguard your skin from harmful sun rays.