If your hair is always styled in boring hairstyles and you need some more styling option or you always wanted to shine out, Slicked Back Hairstyle can be the right one for you. This hairstyle doesn’t go well with all hair texture only some can pull off this hairstyle wonderfully. But I am here to guide to how to get it styled in a right way for all hair textures that will make you master the look. I know you must be curious to know how to move ahead with this amazing hairstyle and how to carry it with right outfit and glamorous Makeup. Well in my blog I have mentioned all that is needed to carry Slicked Back with elegance and style. It is similar to Wet Hair Look Hairstyle but the only difference here is that it is slicked only at the front and the back is kept dry, whereas in Wet Hair Look all the hair is given slicked and wet look.
Steps to Create Slicked Back
Step 1: Wash your hair with Hair Shampoo.
Step 2: Smoothen your hair with Hair Conditioner.
Step 3: If you don’t want to wash and directly start on unwashed hair use Dry Shampoo this will give you good volume.
Step 4: Use some Hair Spray to create hold over your hair.
Step 5: Section out small section with Hair Comb or with fingers.
Step 6: Using a Hair Brush start back combing it to gain volume.
Step 7: After you get desired volume give it a polish look using Hair Brush.
Step 8: Take some Hair Pomade or Hair Styling Gel on your finger tips and apply it at the front i.e at the tips of the hair near the forehead.
Step 9: Spray some Hair Spray to the hair from the front to the crown area.
Step 10: Give it a finished look by brushing it to get the Slicked Back look.
Step 11: Set the look by using Hair Spray on the entire hairstyle.
Slicked Back Tutorial
I know it is a bit confusing for the first time you try it but believe me it’s very easy to get this look in minutes. Here I have a video that will guide you to make Slicked Back easily as it gives you complete knowledge on how to move ahead after each step.
Right Outfit to Style with Slicked Back Hairstyle
Look 1: Well it is a very sexy hairstyle so it is obvious that it will go well with one sexy outfit. Bodycon Dress looks amazing with this hairstyle.
Look 2: To keep it subtle not to simple and not too sexy opt for Pencil Dress.
Look 3: It goes well with Cold Shoulder outfits for evening as well as morning dates.
Look 4: Slicked Back looks stunning with One Strap Gown.
Look 5: Tube Tops is the evergreen Outfit for this hairstyle.
Look 6: Backless Dress is yet another great option to be styled.
Look 7: To keep it casual go for Swing Dress.
Look 8: One of the most complementing outfits for this hairstyle is Formal Gowns.
Look 9: Maxi Skirts is also a good choice to opt for.
Look 10: Style it with Mini Skirts to maintain hot look.
Perfect Makeup for Slicked Back Look
1. Try to keep the makeup very bold.
2. It should be eye appealing.
3. Smokey eyes will be best for this look.
4. Choose good Eye Shadows not too dark and not to light.
5. Make sure you go for dark Lipstick Shade.
6. Matte Lipstick will give you stunning look.
7. Make sure you add some drama to your eyes while using Eye Liner.
8. Try to use Contour properly as it can make or break the look.
9. Don’t forget the Blush but keep it a bit subtle.
10. Darken the eyebrows to get the perfect look.
Tips to Follow While Creating Slicked Back
• Make sure you have completely got rid of tangles as they may lead to bumps.
• Back combing is very important as it adds volume to your hair, if not done can break your look.
• Make sure you only apply Styling Gel or Hair Pomade only in the front as if applied all over can appear like Wet Hair Look.
• If you want messy look you can avoid brushing after applying Hair Spray.
• Always try to use those hair products that suit your hair type to avoid hair problems.