Crown Braid is one of the most beautiful styles that go well with any outfit for any occasion when you want to stand out in crowd. Crown Braid over last few years has become very popular amongst women due to its elegance. It is idle for prom, formal parties, dance and evening date. Making a Crown Braid may seem to be a challenging task but trust me is worth the time and efforts.
Within no time you can make a perfect Crown Braid that will leave everyone feeling jealous about your beautiful hairstyle. Here in my blog you will get all the information about Crown braid that will help you making it in three different styles.
Steps to make Crown Braid
Step 1: Brush your hair well to detangle it.
Step 2: Part your hair into two equal sections using a rattail comb.
Step 3: Secure one section with a hair tie or hair clip to avoid its interference with other section’s styling.
Step 4: At the nape of the neck split the loose hair into three strands.
Step 5: Cross each strand from other strands. Here you can opt for any braid style you want that is either a Dutch Braid or a French Braid.
Step 6: Work around the sides of the head.
Step 7: Keep braiding till you reach top of the forehead.
Step 8: Secure the end with hair ties and leave the braid till you complete braiding other section.
Step 9: Start with the other section, divide it in three strands for braiding.
Step 10: Keep braiding it at the sides of the head as you did while braiding earlier section.
Step 11: Finish it at the nape of the neck.
Step 12: Take the first braid and cross it over the head to bring it on other side.
Step 13: Secure it with hair clips or bobby pin.
Step 14: Now repeat the same with other side.
Step 15: Set your Crown Braid with hairspray.
Crown Braid Tutorial
Here I have a video for you guys, I am sure you must be still confused related to few aspects of making a perfect Crown Braid. Watch this video for your better understanding and as guide that you can help you getting it right.
Steps to make Half Crown Braid
Step 1: Brush your hair to detangle it.
Step 2: Start from the left side, take small section of hair and divide it into three strands.
Step 3: Begin with braiding your hair.
Step 4: Go for a Dutch Braid or a French Braid.
Step 5: Secure it with a hair tie.
Step 6: Repeat the same process on the other side.
Step 7: take the first braid in hand and pull it back of your head.
Step 8: Above 2 inch of your neckline secure it with a hair clip or bobby pin.
Step 9: Repeat the same process on the other braid.
Step 10: Seal both the braids together; this will complete your Crown Braid.
Step to make Twisted Crown Braid
Step 1: Detangle your hair using hair brush or a hair comb.
Step 2: Bring all your hair on one side of your head either right or left depending on your preference.
Step 3: Take two small section of hair from the hairline.
Step 4: Twist both the strand that one goes on the top and other at the bottom.
Step 5: Keep adding few strands to the lower section of the braid.
Step 6: Make sure your braid flows from one ear (where you started from) to your neck, to another ear and finally your forehead.
Step 7: The braid should remain tight till you pin your Twisted Crown Braid.
Step 8: Continue to wrap your braid in the motion I mentioned in step 6 till you run out of hair.
Step 9: Tuck the end of the braid inside the twisted braid rope with a bobby pins or hair clips.
Step 10: Use hairspray to set your hairstyle that will last all day.
Tips to follow while making a Crown Braid
1. If you find Dutch or French Braid difficult to opt for making a Crown Braid you can go for a regular braid as well.
2. To prevent loose hair strands work with damp hair.
3. You can decorate your Crown Braid with Fancy Clips or Flowers.
4. Keep wrapping your braid till you reach the every end of the braid. (For people with long hair may face problem but using enough hair clips or bobby pins will help)
5. If you have short hair and want to go for this hairstyle all you need to do is tease your hair well to give it great volume.
6. It may be difficult to make it on yourself thus you can either ask your friend to do it for you or practice it well that you can get it perfect on your hair.
7. Crown Braid works well on curly hair.
8. Go for it on damp as it holds the braid better.
9. Try to use hair clips and hair ties that match your hair color.
10. Make sure your hairstyle looks like a crown before securing it with hair clips.