Fashion is versatile and ever changing. Also, fashion is accepting and open-minded. It accepts all your personal styles and quirks. However, there are some basic fashion mistakes that render your entire look useless and I am here to warn you about the same!
Here are the 10 Men’s Fashion Mistakes to avoid in 2016 !
1) Ill fitted clothes! Be it denims, shirt, dress shirt or even footwear. Ill-fitted clothes are the biggest fashion mistake and are also most common. I get it, you do not always get the perfectly fitted clothes but what you need to do is try a size small. It may work out for you and if not, get your size but remember to tailor fix it. Also ill-fitted also means NOT to wear something too tight. Especially pants! It just doesn’t work out well.
2) Dirty shoes. I know you are trying for the rugged or grunge or hippie look which is all in fashion. However, just keep your shoes clean. Your feet are room to a lot of sweat and bacteria, you do not need additional dirt. Your socks and shoes should always be clean. This one is more so for hygiene purposes than a fashion faux pas.
3) Pants length! I do not understand the confusion here. Your pants should be long enough to show your socks but not so long that you end up sweeping the floor; a little longer than your ankles (like half a cm) for formals and at least ankle-length for your chinos and denims would be just right. Buy a longer pair and cut it out if it doesn’t fit right.
4) Mis-matching your accessories. It is surely cool to wear your office watch for an outing. Don’t get me wrong. However, you cannot possibly wear a casual watch to work. You cannot wear a thick brown belt with your oxfords to work. Your polished and shiny belt should be paired with polished shoes and plain basic shiny belt. Same goes for casual. All your accessories must match with each other.
6) Never wear clothes that are not neatly ironed. Even if you dress casual just to buy groceries from the mart, wear a nicely ironed, wrinkle free t-shirt!
7) An under-shirt is a basic t-shirt of any color which can be worn under a shirt. Do not replace the under-shirt with sweaters or full-sleeved t-shirts.
8) Dress shirts are called so because they are really long. The purpose of the length is to ensure that they stay tucked in throughout your day at work. This means that even once you are off work, you need to keep it tucked in. Many guys pull out their dress shirts to don a much casual look for a gathering or night out however, this ends up making them look like dresses. And it’s best to leave the dresses for women. If you are uncomfortable, carry an extra casual shirt.
9) Now here I need to address to the sock issue! There are athletic socks, formal socks, and casual socks. The color and length of socks differ as well. You need to identify the right pair of socks for your outfit. Let us know if you need a sock-guide. You will be surprised how important a pair of socks is. Probably the most ignored piece of garment with a lot more impact!
10) Do not ever smell bad! Use good, long-lasting cologne.
I hope these tips guide you well to avoid these basic fashion mistakes.
Let us know if you have any more fashion mistakes up your sleeve or if you require a more in-depth explanation to any stated above.
Spread the love!
Found the article helpful? Share it with your friends,
and help them discover TheUnstitchd.com